University of Cincinnati College of Engineering and Applied Sciences is hosting Robotics 2021 Virtual Edition "Overcoming Obstacles" from 10 a.m.–1 p.m. Saturday, April 10.
This unique robotics competition's goal is to encourage young people to explore Robotics, Engineering, Science and Technology.
This is a competition for an individual or a small team of two people, independent of your school. No experience or robotics club membership is necessary. It is open to students in Grades 4–12, in beginner, intermediate and advanced categories.
There will be two formats — block coding and Lego EV3. Competitors will be sent a login to utilize the software and virtual package for the competition. Review the platforms before registration and become acclimated for free.
During March, competitors can become familiar with the coding and programming, and seek assistance through UC's coaches/tutors. They will also send tasks and challenges to competitors during this time.
Orientation and Training Dates
- 11 a.m.– 1 p.m. Saturday, March 6
- 4–6 p.m. Friday, March 12
- March 22, 2021- Competitors will be sent the competition course for their format and skill level with details on how to earn the most points. The course will contain various obstacles competitors must avoid, yet still reach the finish line. Scores are based on the number of obstacles successfully overcome, as well as time.
- Monday, April 5 — Competitors upload programs to the Judging Team for final scoring.
- Saturday, April 10 — Same-day challenges, robotics expo, challenge showcase and awards through a virtual platform.
Registration is limited. Complete the registration link below by March 10, 2021.
Questions? Email Don Wittrock.