Dear Parents and Guardians of CPS Preschoolers,
The Early Childhood Department welcomes you to the 2020–21 school year. As you are aware, Cincinnati Public Schools is starting the year with students learning at home for the first five weeks. The district will review community health data the week of September 14 to determine if distance learning will continue.
Our preschool program will follow directives from the Superintendent and Board of Education, whether it is to continue distance learning, move to blended learning (in school and at home) or to return full time in person to the classrooms. Safety is the district’s highest priority.
If CPS moves to blended learning, our preschool students will be assigned to Group A or Group B, as will all CPS students. The groups designate which days students report to school buildings and which days they learn at home.
It's important to note that CPS will charge tuition during distance learning. We continue to pay our teaching staff and incur other expenses that allow us to provide an enriching preschool experience for your child.
CPS' Cincinnati Digital Academy is not available for preschool, per federal and Ohio guidelines. (CDA offers classes for kindergarten through 12th grade only.)
We're offering preschool students a robust, full- or half-day distance-learning program. It supports students' learning at home and gives your child a strong start with unmatched opportunities, services, enrichment and early interventions to prepare your child to be a lifelong learner.
No matter which teaching method CPS follows, CPS' preschool program will continue to provide
- Instruction by highly qualified, state-certified staff
- Access via iPads and student Gmail to online curriculum, plus learning materials sent home in To Go Learning Bags
- Resources such as the Ready Rosie, Mission2Move mindfulness program, Melodic Connections, POSSIP information feedback app, and ArtsWave Mindful Music Moments
- Community partners and School Community Coordinators to align services to families' needs
- Access to Schoology and PowerSchool so parents can track children's progress and connect with teachers
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us: (513) 363-0240
Yours in education,
Director, Early Childhood Department